My Kids are ready to work out!
I was given an opportunity to participate in a Post-Pregnancy Slim Down Webinar sponsored by CalNaturale Svelte and hosted by Kristen Horler, founder and CEO of Baby Boot Camp. The event, discussed nutrition and fitness tips for mothers trying to slim down after pregnancy. And since I know many of my readers are women and are young mothers, I thought I would share some of the tips and information I learned here on my page.
First, it is recommended that before you get started on any type of exercise routine, that you get clearance from a doctor that it is okay, and that you should allow your body time to heal after child birth.
Second, Breastfeeding burns calories. Nursing lets you add about an extra 300 calories a day to your diet, but try not to dip below 1,800 calories a day while breastfeeding.
Third, No dieting! Going on an official “diet” could actually derail your post-pregnancy weight loss goals; Because, when you feel deprived while you’re already stressed out by your new role as mom may actually cause you to gain weight.Well-balanced meals are the best route to health for you and your family! Set up a normal eating schedule, stick to it and avoid Kid style snacking.
Here are some examples of foods that will help support your weight-loss goals:
- Lean protein (beans, legumes,chicken) should be consumed during post-workout meal to help muscle repair and recovery
- Calcium (yogurt) to keep bones strong
- Complex carbs are vital for a preworkout routine, providing extended energy
- Omega-3 fatty acids (salmon) for a healthy heart and nervous system
Plus, check out CalNaturale Svelte. It features unique nutritional benefits, making them the ideal snack for before or after exercise. It provides lasting nutrition and sustained energy, 16 grams protein from fresh organic soy milk, convenient packaging; re-closable, complex carbs, 20% daily value of fiber, Dairy and lactose-free, Certified gluten-free, and is naturally sweetened.
Fourth, Make fitness a part of your daily routine. It will improve your mood, help manage your weight, promote better sleep, and boost your energy level.
Here are some quick exercises that can be performed throughout the day:
- 10 push ups on your bathroom counter before your brush your teeth
- 10 squats while you are waiting for your toast or coffee
- 20 lunges around your living room
- Count your steps!
The kids and I actually dressed for working out during this event, so while Kristen Horler discussed these exercises, we started using a few of them immediately. The kids and I had fun because I would show them the exercise, and then we would do it together. The kids had a blast and I had fun as well. As a mom I think I would be more likely to stick with something if the kids could do it as well. Plus, the next day , I could actually feel the effects of the work out.
For more info on Baby Boot Camp Facebook and Twitter as well.
Giveaway Is Over!
Thanks to CalNaturale Svelte, I will be giving away a $500 Value Post-Pregnancy Slim Down Care Package to One (1) lucky At Home Moma reader. The Package includes 1 Wahoo Fitness Run Pack, 1 Pair of FILAToning Pants, 1 Case of CalNaturale Svelte shakes, 1 CalNaturale Svelte Gym Tote, 1 Copy of Kristen Horler’s Book, 1 First Baby Boot Camp Class Free Coupon, and Goody Workout Headbands.
Up to 3 entries per person. Giveaway Ends September 4, 2011. Winner will be chosen via Random.org.*
To place your entries: PLEASE, leave a separate comment for each!
- All you need to do is become a Facebook Fan of CalNaturale and then leave a comment on this post that you are a fan and your email address. I would love it if you told them At Home Moma sent you!
- Leave a comment on this post telling us what you do to stay in shape and include your email address.
- Sign up for At Home Moma’s Email Notification on the right side of the page where it says “Receive Daily Emails From At Home Moma! Never Miss A Post Again!” and then leave a comment on this post that you signed up and include your email address.
At Home Moma
*Participates must live in the contiguous United States and odds are based on the number of entries. The winner will be contacted through email (make sure you check your spam or junk mail) with the Subject line “Winner of CalNaturale Prize Pack!”. Shipping information, including email, phone, and address will be collected at that time. The winner has 48 hours to respond, after that an alternate will be chosen, and so on and so forth. Items will be mailed from the company sponsoring this giveaway. At Home Moma did not receive compensation for the review but will be receiving a Post-Pregnancy Slim Down Care Package. The opinions expressed in this post are that of my own.