My $50 Trip to ALDI, includes 3 Bottles of Wine, Eclairs, Cheesecake, and More!
Thanks to ALDI and Mom Central, I was sent a $50 Gift Card to shop at ALDI for my Holiday Beverage and Food items. ALDI, which offers more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery items for up to 50% less than traditional supermarkets, also has holiday essentials for less.
offer a variety of Award Winning Wines priced mostly at $4.99 or less. Their selection includes Beverage Testing Institute 2011 World Wine Challenge Winner Villa Malizia Pinot Grigio
, Wine Enthusiast “Best Buy” Landshut Riesling
, Wine Spectator “Best Value” Gonfalone Chianti,
plus many more. To check out their current wine selection visit ALDI Wines.
edenVale Brie $2.99.
In addition, ALDI carries an assortment of main courses, appetizers, and dessert options for this year’s holiday entertaining. This includes edenVale Cheeses like Honey Goat Cheese, Creamy Havarti, and Chive Goat Cheese. These cheeses can be paired with Villa Malizia Pinot Grigio and Savoritz Entertainment Crackers.
Plus, ALDI also carries edenVale Brie that can be transformed into the Aldi Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce (See below for Recipe and Directions). I made this for a holiday cookie exchange, and it was an absolute hit. It was so easy to prepare, and it tasted wonderful!
Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Ham $1.69 per lb.
For a main courses, ALDI carries different types of Hams including the Appleton Farms Spiral Sliced Ham that can be paired with the Landshut Riesling.
Belmont Petite Cheesecake Assortment $5.99.
Seasonal desserts at ALDI include Grandessa Signature Mini Eclairs, the Belmont Premium Cheesecake Sampler, and the Moser Roth Fine Truffles in Milk or Dark Chocolate.
The Chaza Moscato wine is said to pair well with cheesecake and the Landshut Sweet Red wine is said to pair well with Chocolate.
Ingredients for the ALDI Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce.
ALDI Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 1 wheel edenVale Brie Cheese
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Burlwood Cellars Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup Berryhill Blackberry Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Place unwrapped brie on a foil-lined baking sheet. Heat in oven 12-15 minutes or until brie is warmed through and soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, bring dried cranberries and white wine to a boil in a small saucepan. Add fruit spread, reduce heat to medium high and simmer 10-15 minutes stirring often. Sauce is ready when liquid has thickened and coats the back of the spoon.
- To serve, pour over warm brie. Can be eaten alone or spread on crackers.
To check out all of ALDI ’s Winter Seasonal Items visit ALDI Seasonal Items. Selections may vary by location and Wine prices may vary state to state.
At Home Moma
Disclosure: “I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of ALDI and received a gift certificate to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed by At Home Moma are that of my own.”